What Can I Expect?

Expect to meet with your transition counselor. To make an appointment, you call the local office based on your high school's location. You will be asked to complete a Referral Form with your basic contact information. This can be done by mail, dropping by the office, or when you meet with your counselor.

You can also arrange a meeting at your school. VR transition counselors visit area high schools throughout the year. Special education case managers or guidance counselors can also assist you with the process or provide contact information.

Wherever you meet, you and your transition counselor begin by talking about YOU, your interests and what you need to be successful in the future. The transition counselor will also explain the services offered by VR and how the application process works.

Contact Information

Vermont VocRehab
Central Office

HC 2 South
280 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-2040
866-879-6757 (Voice/TTY)