For High School Students and Parents or Guardians

If you’re a high school student with a disability, or the parent or guardian of one, and you’re ready to start thinking about life after high school, consider meeting with a VocRehab Transition Counselor. Transition counseling services include:

  • Job exploration counseling
  • Work-based learning experiences, which may include in-school or after school opportunities, experiences outside of the traditional school setting, and/or internships
  • Counseling on opportunities for enrollment in comprehensive transition of postsecondary educational programs
  • Workplace readiness training to develop social skills and independent living
  • Instruction in self-advocacy

When you meet with your Transition Counselor, you can expect to begin by talking about YOU, your interests and what you need to be successful in the future. They will also explain more about the services VocRehab offers and how the application process works. You can arrange to meet at your high school or local VocRehab office, whichever is most convenient for you.

There are specialized services available for students who are blind, have a significant visual impairment or who are deaf or hard of hearing. Your Transition Counselor can assist with connecting you to these services.


High school students are eligible for VocRehab services if they are:

  • Receiving special education services in the school (IEP); or
  • Receiving accommodations in school under the Federal 504 provision (or eligible to receive this provision)

Ready to get started? Find a transition counselor by high school.

Contact Us

Diane Dalmasse, Division Director
HC 2 South, 280 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-2040
Voice/TTY: 1-866-VRWORKS (1-866-879-6757)
Fax: (802) 241-0341
For Telecommunications Relay Service: Dial 711


This is a Division of the
Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living
under the Agency of Human Services

To report Website issues please email: DAIL Webmaster
For all other inquiries please use the Web Inquiry Form