What Services Are Provided?

VocRehab counselors want you to be successful, whether that means getting a job, going to school to train for a new career, or receiving supports to help you improve in your current job. Together, you and your counselor will explore different options to help you achieve success. The services you receive will be determined by you and your counselor and will depend on your needs, interests and goals. Since we try to tailor our services to the needs of each person, the services and supports you receive may be different from other job seekers.

Some of the services we provide:

  • Vocational counseling
  • Assessment tools to help you figure out a new career
  • Transition services for youth and young adults
  • Job placement and retention services
  • Assistive Technology to help with accommodations and adaptations to help you do your job
  • Post-employment support in case you need help after you begin working

What happens next?

Together with your counselor, you will start to assess your interests, strengths and areas of need. Once you and your counselor have settled on a plan, your counselor will write up an Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE). Your IPE is your road map to your ultimate career goals. Everyone's IPE will look different. Some people are looking to start slowly, and only want to work a few hours a week at first, while others may make full-time employment their immediate goal. Some plan to go to college or technical school first, to obtain a CDL, for example, or an advanced degree. Some will require progressive employment to be successful at a new job experience.

Contact Us

Diane Dalmasse, Division Director
HC 2 South, 280 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-2040
Voice/TTY: 1-866-VRWORKS (1-866-879-6757)
Fax: (802) 241-0341
For Telecommunications Relay Service: Dial 711


This is a Division of the
Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living
under the Agency of Human Services

To report Website issues please email: DAIL Webmaster
For all other inquiries please use the Web Inquiry Form