WorkVT 2.0 Project

WorkVT2.0 Project Logo
Let WorkVT2.0 Help You Create Your Own Comeback Story

Make more money. Attain financial freedom. Live happier.

Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS)

VocRehab Transition Counselors and Youth Employment Specialists from the Vermont Association of Business Industry and Rehabilitation (VABIR) work in collaboration with high schools across the state to provide Pre-Employment Transition Services to students with disabilities who are transitioning from school to postsecondary education and employment.

What is Pre-ETS?

What Services Are Provided?

VocRehab counselors want you to be successful, whether that means getting a job, going to school to train for a new career, or receiving supports to help you improve in your current job. Together, you and your counselor will explore different options to help you achieve success. The services you receive will be determined by you and your counselor and will depend on your needs, interests and goals. Since we try to tailor our services to the needs of each person, the services and supports you receive may be different from other job seekers.

How Do I Apply?

If you visit one of our local offices, our staff will ask for some very basic information from you to get started and may also ask you to attend an orientation. Our orientation is designed to introduce you to VocRehab Vermont and all the services we have to offer.

Director's Message

What are your career goals?  At VocRehab, we don’t just want to help you get a job, we want to also help you plan and achieve a satisfying career path. Every job seeker has unique needs, skills and challenges, so we adapt our services to meet those needs, build out skills and address challenges. Services can include assessment, helping you to figure out what you really want to do, talking about your goals and barriers to finding employment, and assistance for purchasing items related to work.

Rehabilitation Counselors for the Deaf (RCD's)

Employment Services

Rehabilitation Counselors for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (RCDs) provide a wide range of services for Vermonters who are Deaf, hard of hearing, or late-deafened.  RCDs:

Mature Workers

If you are 55 or older, unemployed and meet certain income requirements, you may be eligible for the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP).  This program enrolls qualified mature workers in part-time training positions in public or nonprofit organizations, including schools, hospitals, day-care centers and senior centers.  These positions are temporary and are designed to help participants in their career search.


Subscribe to RSS - Employment

Contact Us

Diane Dalmasse, Division Director
HC 2 South, 280 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-2040
Voice/TTY: 1-866-VRWORKS (1-866-879-6757)
Fax: (802) 241-0341
For Telecommunications Relay Service: Dial 711


This is a Division of the
Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living
under the Agency of Human Services

To report Website issues please email: DAIL Webmaster
For all other inquiries please use the Web Inquiry Form